在毕业 30 年以后,苹果 CEO 蒂姆·库克回到了母校杜克大学,为 2018 年毕业生献上了毕业致辞。
他并没有“炫耀”事业成就,而是提到了许多现实的社会问题,比如气候变化、种族、反对性骚扰等。当然,他还是提到了苹果公司,不过也是基于责任和使命。
他对现场的年轻人呼吁,“你们是最不该接受现状的人,也是最应该改变现状的人,请无所畏惧,做最不愿接受现状的人,以及最积极改善现状的人。”
请和我一起欢迎蒂姆·库克Please join me in welcoming Tim Cook,
我们2018年的毕业典礼演讲人
our 2018 Commencement speaker
大家好,“蓝魔”们
Hello, Blue Devils.
很高兴能回到杜克大学
It is great to be back at Duke.
我很荣幸能站在你们面前
It is an honor to stand before you
作为你们的毕业典礼演讲人和从这里走出来的毕业生
as your commencement speaker and a graduate.
我在1988年获得了富科商学院的学位
I earned my degree from the Fuqua School in 1988.
在准备这次演讲的过程中
In preparing for this speech,
我联系了当时我最喜欢的一位教授
I reached out to one of my favorite professors from back then.
Bob Reinheimer,教授优秀的管理沟通课程
Bob Reinheimer taught this great course in management communications,
其中包括了塑造演讲技巧
which including shaprening your public speaking skills.
我们已经几十年没联系过了
We hadn’t spoke for decades.
所以我很震惊的是,他告诉我
So I was thrilled when he told me
他记得一位特别有天赋的公众演讲者
he remembered a particularly gifted public speaker
在20世纪80年代参加了他的课程
who took his class in the 1980's
有着清醒的头脑和迷人的个性
with a bright mind and a charming personality.
他说他当时就知道
He said he knew way back then
这个人注定是不凡的
this person was destined for greatness.
你们可以想象到我当时的感受
You can imagine how this made me feel.
Reinheimer教授对人才有敏锐的眼光
Professor Reinheimer had an eye for talent,
如果我自己说
and if I do say so myself,
我认为他的直觉是对的
I think his instincts were right.
梅琳达·盖茨已经在这个世界上留下了自己的印记
Melinda Gates has really made her mark in the world!
我很感激Bob和Boulding院长以及所有的杜克大学教授
I’m grateful to Bob and Dean Boulding and all of my Duke professors.
在我的职业生涯中,他们的教导一直陪伴着我
Their teachings have stayed with me throughout my career.
我要感谢Price校长和杜克大学的教师们
I want to thank President Price and the Duke faculty,
还有我的董事会成员们
and my fellow members of the Board of Trustees
让我能够很荣幸地在这为你们演讲
for the honor of speaking with you today.
我还要向荣誉学位获得者表示祝贺
I would like to add my congratulations to the honorary degree recipients.
但最重要的是,祝贺2018届的毕业生们!
But most of all, congratulations to the Class of 2018!
每个毕业生都不是仅凭自己走到这个时刻的
No graduate gets to this moment alone.
我想要感谢在这里为你们加油的父母、祖父母和朋友
I want to acknowledge your parents and grandparents and friends that are here cheering you on,
他们在你们前进的每一步都始终如一
just as they have every step of the way.
让我们向他们表示感谢
Let's give them our thanks.
今天我尤其记得我的母亲
Today, especially I remember my mother,
她看着我从杜克大学毕业
who watched me graduate from Duke.
如果没有她的支持,我就不会有那一天,也不会站在这里
I wouldn't have been there that day or made it here today without her support.
在今天母亲节之际,让我们特别感谢现场所有的母亲
Let's give our special thanks to all of the mother's here today on Mother's Day.
我在这里有很多美好的回忆,无论在学习上还是其他方面
I have wonderful memories here, studying – and not studying –
许多那时认识的人至今依然是朋友
with people I still count as friends to this day.
我们在Cameron篮球馆庆祝每一场胜利
Cheering in Cameron for every victory;
当取得北卡罗来纳州胜利时,欢呼声更大
cheering even louder when that victory is over Carolina.
深情地回顾大学时光,和人生的第一幕说再见
Look back over your shoulder fondly and say good-bye to Act I of your life.
然后迅速展望未来
Then quickly look forward.
人生的第二幕从今天开始
Act II begins today.
轮到你们接过接力棒了
It is your turn to reach out and take the baton.
你们在一个充满挑战的时代进入了这个世界
You entered the world at a time of great challenge.
我们的国家面临高度的分裂
Our country is deeply divided,
太多的美国人拒绝听取任何与他们不同的意见
and too many Americans refuse to hear any opinion that differs from their own.
我们的地球正在变暖,正带来毁灭性的后果
Our planet is warming with devastating consequences.
但有些人甚至否认此事正在发生
And there's some that even deny it is happening.
我们的学校和社区遭受着严重的不平等
Our schools and communities suffer from deep inequality.
我们未能确保每个学生享受良好教育的权利
We fail to guarantee every student the right to a good education.
Raybet比分 课程体验,退费流程快速投诉邮箱: yuxi@linstitute.net 沪ICP备2023009024号-1